Friday, June 19, 2020


Father’s Day 2020 Card

Hello Friends! Happy Juneteenth!  Juneteenth commemorates the end of slavery in the United States. President Lincoln signed and enacted the Emancipation Proclamation January 1, 1863.  However, certain states, Texas being one of them, did not head the proclamation and slaves did not know that they were free until two and a half years later. It is said that Union soldiers arrived in Galveston, Texas on June 19, 1865 announcing that the Civil War had ended and that slaves were now free.  The Emancipation Proclamation outlawed slavery. Read more at Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth and Juneteenth https://www.juneteenth.com/history.htm.

Now, let’s talk Father’s Day cards.  This year I made slimline cards using Nuvo shimmer powders.  These were the easiest.  I made the backgrounds at the same time I made the backgrounds for my Mother’s Day cards last month.

Here’s what I used:

      *Nuvo Shimmer Powders: Storm Cloud & Blue Blitz
      *Card base, 110 lb black cardstock
      *Card panel layer, 65 lb grey cardstock
      *Card panel, Canson XL watercolor paper
      * Sentiment, designed and printed but die-cut using stitched banner dies from Gina Marie Designs
      *Water spray bottle
      *Double-sided Tape













Background: I first randomly applied the shimmer powders to the dry watercolor paper, alternating the colors throughout. Then I generously sprayed the entire panel with water and moved the paper around gently so that the colors would mix across entire panel.  I soaked up excess water with a paper towel.  Once dry, I applied a second layer of powders and repeated the process to get a richer more masculine mesh of colors.  After the background dried I cut the panels to 3¼” x 7¾” and mounted them to the grey panel layer (measured 3½” x 8”) and mounted that to the black card base that measures 3¾” x 8½” when folded. To finish off the card I affixed the sentiment banner.  Next, I made custom black slimline envelopes that measured 4” x 8¾”.

*Link to my DIY Slimline Card Envelope Tutorial: https://youtu.be/m6uqOh4FWI0


I made several cards so that my husband could send them to close male relatives. Did you make a Father’s Day card?  If so, let me know what you designed?

That’s it for today! I’ll be back soon with more inspiration! Leave questions and comments below.

Until next time. Good day friends!

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy To Mass Produce Christmas Card Tutorial | 8 Ways to Add Texture & Dimension | #RTQ

Welcome Friends! I’m starting my holiday cards early and selecting easy-to-mass-produce cards.  Watch this short video as I show you 8 ways ...

Trending Now