Friday, June 5, 2020


Hero Arts ~ MMH KIT ~ APRIL 2020 - Australian Outback, Part 1 

Welcome Mates! Today I’m featuring two slimline cards I made with the My Monthly Hero Arts Kit for April 2020. This month’s Hero Arts Kit has the flair of the Australian Outback and has a ton stamps and dies of cooI animals, sea life, greenery, a likeness of the infamous Ayers Rock, and lots of Aussie sentiments!  It also has a full-sized Hero Arts Intense Black ink pad, a beautiful background stencil and some cherry and birch wood cardstock.  This kit has sold out.

*Check out my super easy DIY Slimline Card Envelope Tutorial: https://youtu.be/m6uqOh4FWI0

Card #1: Have An Auss-ome Day
This card features the beautiful background stencil from the kit. I started the first card with an 80# Neenah white cardstock panel. I used Fossilized Amber distress oxide ink for the sky portion of the stencil and Vintage Photo distress oxide ink for the land area of the stencil. I used an ink blending brush to fade out the color of the sky and sun a bit more to tint the white areas.  Next, I stamped the kangaroo paw plant using a brown die ink.  I staggered the stamping in a triangular pattern and stamped the plant all over the bottom of the panel alternating as I stamped. I stamped the Ayers Rock on the panel in Barn Door distress oxide ink three times but didn’t like the bottom of that image because of the brown ink so decide to stamp again and die cut it. I trimmed the ends of the Ayers Rock die cut and affixed it to the panel on top of the stamped image. I then die cut the three kangaroos from black cardstock .Next, I applied  antistatic powder to a scrap of black cardstock . I used Hero Arts White Unicorn Pigment ink and clear embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment “Have An Auss-ome Day”. Then I added the sentiment strip to the panel just under Ayers Rock just a little left of center.  I affixed the kangaroos to the panel using craft tacky glue. There’s papa kangaroo, mama kangaroo looking back to make sure baby joey isn’t straying too far behind. Next, I placed acrylic block on top of the roos to let them dry a bit. Lastly, I added the card panel to a white 7½” x 8½” scored and folded in half~ side folded card base.


Card #2: Aussie You Soon
This slimline care features the beautiful Hero Arts Tropical Foliage Bold Prints background stamp. I started with a light green colored cardstock panel, stamped the foliage background using Mowed Lawn distress oxide ink. Next I used a dark green colored cardstock (cut 3¾” x 3½”), stamped the background leaves using Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment ink.  I let the ink dry on both.  I used craft tacky glue to adhere the dark green cardstock to the card panel. I then cut a 1-inch wide piece of the cherrywood cardstock that came in the kit. Then I used craft tacky glue to affix the sentiment strip to the cardstock to cover where the two greens meet (should have stamped the sentiment first J). I used the Hero Arts Intense Black Ink that came in the kit and stamped the sentiment “Aussie You Soon”. Lastly, I die cut the two koalas from black cardstock and affixed them on either side of the sentiment using craft glue.  I added the card panel to a white 7½” x 8½” scored and folded in half~ side folded card base.

Here's another look at both cards.  Be sure to check out my video.



That’s it for today! I’ll be back soon with more cards from this Auss-ome Aussie kit!

Leave your questions and comments below.


Until next time. Good day mates!

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy To Mass Produce Christmas Card Tutorial | 8 Ways to Add Texture & Dimension | #RTQ

Welcome Friends! I’m starting my holiday cards early and selecting easy-to-mass-produce cards.  Watch this short video as I show you 8 ways ...

Trending Now