Thursday, March 28, 2019

Hero Arts: Monthly Card Kit, Card #3 ~ February 2019




Hello and Welcome!

Today I’m featuring another 5x7 card featuring the February 2019 My Monthly Hero Arts Kit!
For the background, I started by stamping various items from the kit on a 6x6 piece of cardstock using Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink.  I placed my stamps in one triangle of the Concord & 9th Turnabout Stamp jig and turned it four times to complete the background.  I then trimmed the background down to mount onto a 5x7 panel.


Next, I die cut a 5x7 stitched frame from black cardstock as my panel using the Waffle Flower Lacy Layers Die Set.  Using Hero Arts White Unicorn Ink, I used a border stamp from the set to create borders along all edges.

I couldn’t wait to use these dancers!  I stamped them with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed them with Wow Clear Embossing Powder.  I colored their skin with my alcohol markers.  I colored the hair of the lady (couple) with a brown alcohol marker.  I cut out the couple and the two individual dancers using the frame dies from the kit.  Don’t they look fun?


Next, I cut out a rectangle using my paper trimmer.  I die cut the left and right sides, using the same 5x7 frame die, so that the two sides have the same stitching as the blank frame panel.

To finish the card, I mounted the background panel on top of the black panel with the bordered sides using double-sided tape.  I stamped my sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink using a stamp from the kit.  I applied Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder and heat set the sentiment.  I adhered my black panel to a white, 7x10 cardstock that is scored and folded at the 5” mark to make my folder 5x7 card base.  After placing the sentiment over the background stamp I lined it up on either side with the stitching on the black border panel.  Next, I used double-sided foam tape to add dimension to my dancing couple and placed them to the left of the sentiment.  I placed my other couple beneath the sentiment using Simon Says Stamp Liquid Glue and placed a stamp block on top for a few minutes to make sure they were adhered and secured.  Lastly, I placed lots of the black and gold art deco confetti pieces throughout the background, using Simon Says Stamp Liquid Glue, to add jazz and sparkle.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Good day friends!


Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy To Mass Produce Christmas Card Tutorial | 8 Ways to Add Texture & Dimension | #RTQ

Welcome Friends! I’m starting my holiday cards early and selecting easy-to-mass-produce cards.  Watch this short video as I show you 8 ways ...

Trending Now