Sunday, March 31, 2019

Hero Arts: My Monthly Hero Arts March 2019 Kit – Card#2


Welcome friends! Today I’ve designed my second card featuring the kit.  The kit has sold out.


My card today is a tall, tri-fold card, 3.75x9.  I made sure this card fits nicely into a regular #10 envelope J.  Today’s card tells a story by creating a fun ocean scene.


Step 1: I used Canson XL watercolor paper and trimmed down the 9x12 panel to 9x11.25. 

Step 2: I taped together enough post-it notes to fit the width of the 11.25 wide panel.  Then I cut curves and valleys to make a mask to create the sand bottom of the sea. 

Step 3: Using my mask, I masked off the floor of the sea.  Next, I used the sea glass and blue water inks from the kit.  I applied them to the panel with blending tools.  I blended both colors to make my sea.  Afterwards, I spritzed some water across the panel to create texture and bubbles throughout the water. 

Step 4: I removed the mask and let the panel dry and applied my anti-static powder bag to the line dividing the water and my soon to be sea bottom.

Step 5: Then I created my sand floor.  Using the same mask, I turned it upward in the opposite direction and used VersaMark ink and took the pad directly to the panel and repeated all the way across making sure I got good coverage.  Next I liberally applied Hero Arts Sand Embossing Powder that came in a previous kit.  I let my heat tool get very hot and started by heating from the back of the panel before switching the heat to the front to finish the embossing of the sand.

Step 6: I scored the panel twice, once at the 3.75 mark and turned it to score it again at the 3.75 mark.  Next, I used my bone folder to fold each scored line creating the tri-fold.

Step 7:  I folded the panel and ran it through my die-cutting machine to flattened my panel as it got warped during the creation process.

Step 8: I stamped and die-cut many of the images from the kit to create my ‘bottom of the sea’ scene.  I stamped each image on various colored cardstock. 

Step 9:  I stamped my sentiment from the kit, “I would swim the seven seas to find you”, twice on the front panel using VersaFine Onyx black ink.

Step 10:  Using VersaFine Onyx black ink, I stamped the scuba diver directly on the panel, twice, once so s/he appears to be swimming down to the sea bottom and once so s/he appears to be swimming up towards the surface of the sea.

Step 11 : Next, I used my anti-static bag and VersaMark embossing ink to stamp the school of fish image from the kit, twice, and heat embossed it with Brutus Monroe White Alabaster Embossing Powder.

Step 12:  Now I’m ready to build my ocean scene.  I started by laying out all my images and repositioning them until I get them where I wanted them.  I glue them on with liquid adhesive and place a stamping block on each to secure it down.

Step 13:  I applied Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops to all the sea life to add sparkle and shine.  You can see it much better in person versus the photo.

This card was fun to make.  Hope it provides inspiration to you!  I’ll be back soon with more cards using this kit.

Thanks for stopping by.  Good day friends!

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy To Mass Produce Christmas Card Tutorial | 8 Ways to Add Texture & Dimension | #RTQ

Welcome Friends! I’m starting my holiday cards early and selecting easy-to-mass-produce cards.  Watch this short video as I show you 8 ways ...

Trending Now