Saturday, March 30, 2019

Hero Arts: My Monthly Hero Arts March 2019 Kit


Welcome friends! Today I’ve designed my first card featuring the kit.  The kit has sold out.


Let’s take a look at what’s in the kit.  It includes a large 6x8 stamp set, 27 coordinating frame dies, one large aquarium fancy die, 3 water reactive ink cubes (sea salt, sea glass, blue water) and blue and green acrylic droplets.


My card today is a tall card, 4.25x9.  Just a bit too wide to fit into a regular #10 envelope so I’ll have to make a custom envelope.  Next time, I’ll be sure to make the card small enough to fit into a #10 envelope.


Step 1: I started by creating the top panel.  I used Canson XL watercolor paper.  Using three of the Nuvo Shimmer Powders, Blue Blitz, Atlantis Burst Green, and Solar Flare Yellow/Gold).  I started by wetting the paper down with water from a spritz bottle.  Next I applied the blue and green shimmer powders and spritz water on top. 

Step 2: Next I held the paper up and slowly turned it so that all of the colors mixed.  I wanted more blue than green as I wanted to create a water scene.  I added a bit more blue shimmer powder in places so that the blue is concentrated in key areas throughout the design.  While still wet, I added just a hint of yellow shimmer powder and spritzed it with water.  I used a paintbrush to spread the powder in areas where it may have concentrated.  The end result, is striking!

Step 3: Once dry, I dusted the panel with anti-static powder and applied VersaMark ink to school of fish and the bubbles images from the kit.  I heat embossed both with the Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder and heat set them.  I then stamped the scuba figure using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.

Step 4:  On 80lb white Neenah white cardstock, I selected five of the images from the stamp set (octopus, turtle, stingray, and two fish).  I stamped the images with Hero Arts Mid-Tone Navy Ink.  I used the blue water reactive ink from the kit and applied it around the edges of each image to remove the white border.  Next, I die-cut the images.  I used Simon Says Stamp Liquid Glue to adhere these images to the front panel.  Using my paper trimmer, I trimmed the panel to 3.75x8.75 (33/4x83/4).

Step 5: Using my trimmer, I cut a second panel from black cardstock and sized it at 4.25 x9.  I adhered this, using double-sided tape, to the 8.5 x 9 white, 110lb cardstock scored down the center and folded which was the base of the card.

Step 6:  I stamped my sentiment on matching black cardstock with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink using a sentiment from the kit.  I applied anti-static powder and used Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder and heat set the sentiment.  I die-cut the sentiment from a Gina Marie Designs nested die set. 

Step 7: I cut a piece of the turquoise ribbon that the kit was wrapped in so that it overlapped the card panel.  I applied double-sided tape to the back of the ribbon and affixed it towards the top of the front panel and wrapped it around each side.  Using liquid glue, I centered the sentiment on top of the ribbon and placed it flush left on top of the panel.

Step 8:  I adhered my designed panel to the black panel and card base, using double-sided tape, centering it.  

Step 9:  To finish off my card, I used five of the random-sized green and blue acrylic droplets to add texture and interest. 

Love how this card turned out.  Hope it provides inspiration to you!  This is such a fun kit!  I’ll be back soon with more cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  Good day friends!

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy To Mass Produce Christmas Card Tutorial | 8 Ways to Add Texture & Dimension | #RTQ

Welcome Friends! I’m starting my holiday cards early and selecting easy-to-mass-produce cards.  Watch this short video as I show you 8 ways ...

Trending Now